DAIZIN

This is just a forum for me to vent and try to be creative. Hopefully it'll make me rich, though not neccessarily famous. Who needs fame? Anyway, stranger things have happened. Haven't they?

3.26.2005

WORST DRUG

Do you know what the most powerful drug known to man is?

Money.

drug: something and often an illicit substance that causes addiction, habituation, or a marked change in consciousness.

Money will definitely change your consciousness. Anyone who has ever had a lot of it, and then found themselves with little or no money can testify to that. So can anyone who has had little or none, and have suddenly found themselves with plenty. It will change you.

Like a friend of mine once said, "Money can't buy you happiness, but it sure helps!"

I was blessed to grow up wanting for little or nothing. We weren't stinky rich, but we were firmly entrenched in the middle-class. Plus, money went a lot further in those days. Now, circumstances, mainly of my own doing, have conspired to see me po'. Not "poor" - po'! Don't get me wrong. My kids eat, they're not wearing rags, my wife and I own a home (albeit, not exactly in Beverly Hills), and we've got some 'stuff.' For all that I am thankful. But times are still hard. Money is like a big safe dangling over my head at all times, rope frayed, wind blowing. Money is the cause of the majority of most of the anxiety and stress in my life today.

I'm tired of being po'! I have some plans, I'm just worried about what happens if they don't work out. This country has no mercy or compassion for those who are without. You'll find you and your entire family, kids and all, out on the street, if you're not careful. I can't have that happen.

And they wonder why some people turn to a life of crime. Besides the basic neccessities, everywhere you look, those that have are flaunting it in the faces of those who don't. Then they wonder why someone is sticking a gun in their face! Don't get me wrong. If you worked for yours, or even if it was given to you, I dont' begrudge you that. I'm just saying that struggling to survive, knowing that, given certain circumstances, the bottom could fall out; that does something to you, you know what I mean? And if someone is already inclined to doing dirt; money, or the lack thereof, can drive that person to do something less than nice to get it.

Think about it. If everyone had enough money, the other addictions that push people to do crime would be taken care of. The neighborhood crackhead wouldn't have to smash you over the head for another hit, because he'd have enough money where he wouldn't have to risk going to jail to do that. Matter of fact, if he could buy what he needs at the friendly neighborhood Walgreen's there'd be even less trouble. But that's another entry all together.

Anyhoo, food for thought anyway, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home