DAIZIN

This is just a forum for me to vent and try to be creative. Hopefully it'll make me rich, though not neccessarily famous. Who needs fame? Anyway, stranger things have happened. Haven't they?

3.29.2005

GADGETS

I've got a few new-fangled, high-tech gadgets now; stuff designed to make my life easier, more manageable. I just bought one that does what the last two do, and then some! They're cool. They're fun. But sometimes I wonder if they don't create as many problems as they solve.

I remember hearing somewhere that fifty years or so ago, scientists anticipated the flood of high-tech, labor-saving devices that were to come in the ensuing decades. They predicted that our work week and man/woman hours would decrease significantly as a result of these wonderful devices that would soon be accessible to everyone! Strange. I also read that the average American employee puts in many more hours of work at their "slave" than their parents did in their youth. As the guy on "Laugh In" used to say, "Vehrrrry intuh-esteeng!"

I bought a Palm Pilot. I find it to be an amazing little gadget. A nice computer that I can carry around in my...palm. I figured I needed some more help keeping track of the myriad responsibilities that populate my daily life. It does help. There's no disputing that! But, it's like, Jeese! It just makes me that much more aware of how much I have to do. It's almost depressing!

You gotta understand. To divulge a little: I'm a guy who has spent a large hunk of his life - and I do mean a large hunk - trying his best to duck and dodge responsiblity. Now responsiblity is having its way with me! It's kind of painful sometimes.

But that's what I get, I guess. What I mean by that is: Have you ever been chased by a big bully when you were a kid? No? Lucky you. Well, if you dare run from the neighborhood or school psycho, when he finally catches you he's going to kick your ass extra bad for running. I shouldn't have run, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home