DAIZIN

This is just a forum for me to vent and try to be creative. Hopefully it'll make me rich, though not neccessarily famous. Who needs fame? Anyway, stranger things have happened. Haven't they?

7.16.2005

BLESSING



In about one hour and 15 minutes my wife and I will have been married for five years! I draw upon our experience together, just the fact that we are together, period, as proof that their is a power greater than ourselves at work!

Six years ago, I was just beginning to get my feet wet in a new life after about twenty years of mispent youth. I was looking forward to really enjoying my life and possibly doing something positive with it for the first time since I had been an adult. What I was not looking to do was get married! But, how's the saying go? You wanna make God laugh? Make plans! Or something like that, anyway.

Sometime in the middle of August of 1999 I met my wife, Rachelle. Of course, I did not know that she would be my wife. In fact, I had no idea that she would be anything to me. But what began as a simple exchange of smalltalk quickly blossomed into something much bigger, and one year later I found myself a married man, suddenly a father of two with one (my first and only) on the way. This might sound like a curse to some, and I'd be lying if I didn't admit that there have been times when I felt that way as well, but that's just the self-centered part of me that didn't have any resposibility to anyone until well into his thirties.

My wife and kids have helped to give my life meaning and direction where, before, I had none. Rachelle and I have been through times both wonderful and devastating together and are sure to face more, but we have learned that, no matter what, we have to be as one. That's really what marriage is about isn't it? Two people coming together to make their lives and the lives of their children, if they have them, better. Through it all, pleasure and pain, frustration and elation, my life has been enhanced because of an unforeseen, unintended encounter with a beautiful woman almost six years ago.

I want to use this forum to say publicly - I LOVE MY WIFE!!!

Now if I could only get her to read my blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home